Anatomy and Physiology Level 5
Course details will be available shortly.
PRE-REQUISITES OF THE ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY COURSE
- Level 4 Certificate, Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant life and work experiences.
AIM OF THE ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY COURSE
- To enable the learner to gain a credit in Anatomy and Physiology at Level 5.
- To acquire knowledge of the structure and function of the human body
- To recognise the human body as an entity
- To understand the interrelationship between the systems of the body.
- Final Results are graded as a Pass 50%-64%, a Credit 65%-79%, or a Distinction 80%-100%
- On completion of the course Candidates are required to present the following:
- 2 Assignments – Topics for the two assignments will be drawn from different units of the module. Candidates will carry out an investigation into a chosen topic analyze their findings and draw conclusions.
- Examination – The written examination will be based on the full range of specific learning outcomes and will be 2 hours in duration. Candidates are required to answer 10 short answer questions and 4 structured questions
SPECIFIC LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Unit 1 Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 2 The Skeletal and Muscular Systems
- Unit 3 The Circulatory and Lymphatic Systems
- Unit 4 The Digestive System
- Unit 5 The Respiratory System
- Unit 6 The Nervous and Endocrine Systems
- Unit 7 The Reproductive System
- Unit 8 The Urinary System
- Unit 9 The Skin
Detailed course content is available on request
Back to Training Page